Wednesday 7 April 2010

Next time you have to bring dessert...

... these are great! A mini version of the always popular fruit pizza. Sugar cookies, cream cheese icing, and fruit! You can do a glaze if you want, too.



Many recipes for these suggest the store bought sugar cookie dough, but I use Martha's Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies, which are one of my very favourites. But don't over cook them! Your best bet is to make them a little big and undercook them just a bit - they're crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside, and the hint of lemon is delicious!

Then a cream cheese icing - pick your favourite. I just use a brick of cream cheese, some icing sugar, and some vanilla.

Use any fruit you can find. Canned mandarin oranges are always an option, and then you can use the fruit juice from the can for the glaze (below). I would have used blueberries instead of blackberries, but I couldn't find any.

The glaze, if you want to add one more step, is easy:

1/2 cup fruit juice
1/4 tbsp water
1 tbsp cornstarch

Mix water and cornstarch together and add to fruit juice. Heat until thick. Let cool. Drizzle over fruit.



With all these food posts, are any of you wondering where our kids are?! An Easter post is coming soon...

1 comment:

Jordana said...

These look amazing! I'm definitely going to have to try these out, and then take them somewhere so I don't eat them all! Thanks for all the good ideas, I did the bird nests for Easter with Jayna and she loved it!