Thursday 9 June 2011

Excuse me while I plug my choir...


Dave has done a significantly better job of posting these days, and he's way busier than me! I have quite a few things to catch up on, but this is what's consuming me these days, so I may as well keep the trend going.

I have been conducting children's choirs in Edmonton (school and community) since 2005. I used to be with Cantilon Choirs, but for the last two years I've been with a gr. 1-3 choir under Edmonton Junior Children's Choir, an amazing choir started by Anne McIntyre in 1998. We've just recently changed our name to Edmonton Young Voices.


More exciting news is that we've added new programs on both ends of the choir. We now offer a preschool program for 3-5 year olds called MUSICMAKERS. Then there's the Junior Choir for gr. 1-3, the Children's Choir for gr. 4-6 , and now the Chamber Choir for gr. 7-10.

My girls will both be in MUSICMAKERS this year. Anyone else want to join? Thursdays, 4:30-5:15.


My choir (Junior Choir, gr. 1-3) and the Children's Choir are also on Thursdays, but they start at 5:30. I've been in choirs almost forever, so I'm slightly biased, but it is a really fantastic experience. Let me know if you're interested, or check out our website:


There's my plug! Next up... maybe Elysse's birthday? I better not promise anything...

1 comment:

Team Torrie said...

Wow, that was a great plug. I wish I lived closer, I know Kali would love to be in your choir.