Friday 10 September 2010

Elysse's First First Day of School!

I can't believe this day has come (and gone!)... (Pre)School always seemed so far away.

Until this morning.

This morning felt like a futuristic deja vu - like a memory of the years of mornings to come: kind of crazy with a few crises (like what shoes to wear), but this morning was different than all the ones to come because Elysse couldn't stop saying, "I get to go to schoooooool today!"



(as you can see, she insisted on the boots!)

Elysse did great. And I did great, too. Even when I was calling to her to say good bye and she didn't even notice, I held it together. Chanelle was miffed that she didn't get to stay, just like at Elysse's dance class the other day. And Dad was pretty proud of his independent little girl.

She had a fantastic time playing basketball and playing with shaving cream and silly foam. Though it sounds like the highlight was the cupcake they got!

Truly, I was as excited as she was. It's going to be a fun year!




(and here's her first dance class - cute in blue, hey?)

1 comment:

becca olsen said...

AHh, she is so cute. She is going to do so well! Love her cute dance and school outfit!